Heavy Duty Anti Slip GRP Stair Treads
Anti-Slip GRP Stair Treads are designed to fit over existing stairs, providing a cost-effective abrasive anti slip solution for slippery staircases. Our stair treads offer a long term solution for industrial environments or areas with high footfall due to the incorporation of specialised quartz grit into our GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) surface, offering a hard-wearing long lasting surface.
- Exceptional slip resistance – Twice the industry standard.
- High visual sight lines incorporated to ensure DDA compliance.
- Square Nosed and Rake Back nosing profiles available.
- Hard-wearing and long-lasting.
- Ideal for internal and external environments.
- Separate Riser Plates Available.
- Manufactured Within The UK In Accordance With ISO 9001:2015
Anti-Slip GRP Stair Treads are designed to fit over existing stairs, providing a cost-effective abrasive anti slip solution for slippery staircases. Our stair treads offer a long term solution for industrial environments or areas with high footfall due to the incorporation of specialised quartz grit into our GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) surface.
Improving Safety for All
Non slip stair tread covers are the ideal solution for improving the safety of staircases which encounter high footfall by providing a superior underfoot grip to reduce the risk of slipping. Industrial grade quartz grit is incorporated into the hard-wearing GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) surface to ensure the longevity of the the stair tread.
Products can be manufactured in a range of sizes, thickness, colours and shapes.
Glass Reinforced Plastic - Fibreglass
Product Thicknesses Available
4mm - 10mm (Standard thickness 6mm)
Options available for heavy and light traffic
Ramps, platforms, bridges, industrial floors, piers, pontoons, walkways.
Commercial, Industrial, Transport, Schools.
-20°C to 80°C
Mechanical Fixing and/or Adhesive
Slip Testing Results (PTV) - Dry - BS7976.2
78 (Extremely low potential for slip)
Slip Testing Results (PTV) – Wet - BS7976.2
68 (Extremely low potential for slip)
Installing our Heavy Duty Anti-Slip GRP Stair Treads can be installed quickly and easily using either mechanical fixings, adhesive or both. Please see below.
Cutting Stair Treads
Our Heavy Duty Anti-Slip Stair Covers will be made to your specific measurements to eleviate the need to cut to size on site. If adjustments are needed, our stair treads can be cut on site using orbital cutting equipment with a diamond blade.
Preparation of Non Slip Stair Treads
- Ensure existing surface is clean, dry and free from loose materials, grease, oil and dust. If the existing surface is concaved or damaged, please ensure this is infilled or repaired to provide a consistent flat even surface to fit the stair tread securely. Ensure the underside of the stair tread is also clean, dry and free from dust.
- Place the tread in position to ensure it freely fits without any hindrance.
Installation of Non Slip Stair Treads
- Apply a 6mm bead of structually bonding adheisve 30mm from the edge of the stair tread around the perimeter of the underside. Followed by cross hatches 200mm apart across the tread.
- Position the tread in place and apply pressure.
- Drill fixing holes 60mm from the front, 50mm from each side and 50mm from the back. Fixings should be no more than 400mm apart.
We recommend mechanical fixings to be used as a secondary fixing.
SureGRP offer an installation service if required. Please contact us today.
Bare Foot Grit
We are proud to be able to offer additional options with our heavy duty anti slip grp stair treads including:
Water run off treads
Designed to combat the issue of water pooling on stair cases. These treads are 10mm thick at the back and 6mm at the front meaning the water can easily drain down the stair case and not have any noticeable deviation in thickness to the person walking on the step.
Please see the video below for demonstration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-1KJzRoqc
We are able to incorporate simple graphic designs into our stair treads if required. Including text, numbers and arrows.